The mission of the Hugh and Hazel Darling Library is to serve the information and research needs of the Hope International University community by providing access to information resources and developing information literacy for lifelong learning.
Our Goals Are...
- To provide information and resources able to satisfy the needs of the university community by: developing and maintaining collections of resource materials, in various media; and developing and maintaining capabilities for providing resources and information from beyond the collections of the library.
- To provide physical facilities appropriate for adequate housing of resource materials, for support offices and workrooms, and for other services provided by the library.
- To promote the use of resource materials and services by the university community.
- To promote "information competence" in all students, so that as graduates they are skilled in retrieving information for most of their needs, and committed to life-long refinement of their information access skills.
- To provide a competent and professional staff, serving the mission of the library and the university.
- To provide clear, comprehensive means of access for use of resource collections, promoting quick and easy retrieval of materials.
- To provide reference, literature searching, database retrieval, and research services to satisfy the needs of the university community.
- To selectively disseminate information from available sources, to teaching faculty and administrators.
- To maintain an archival function for the university by collection of appropriate materials, and preservation of selected historical materials.
- To enhance the learning environment of the university by providing an atmosphere which stimulates academic pursuits.